Monday, June 21, 2010

You know how I love to dance? Well, I was dancing again today...with Ray! Well, that is what the PT called it!
It was my turn to do a little PT. Rebecca wanted to train me to be able to help my husband move from bed to chair, etc.
Ray started in his wheelchair with me standing in front of him; he pushed himself up with his right hand on the chair arm and came to a standing position facing me.
It was so wonderful to be face to face with him, up close and personal!! We both giggled!
Alright! I giggled, he just gave me a lopsided grin!!
Step by step Ray had to move his feet so he was in position to sit on the bed. My job, first and foremost, was to brace his left knee between my two legs, as it has a tendency to hyper-extend. I also needed to give him verbal and physical cues as to when to move which foot. His left foot needed a little nudging to get going, which I did with one of my feet. It was difficult for me to keep contact with the knee and help move his foot and tell him what to do next!
This was reminicent of the time I convinced Ray to take dancing lessons with me. His legs stayed pretty stiff then too! At one point a small Chinese man, who was another student, felt compelled to speak to Ray, "You not dancing, you marching!!
We practiced a few times and will do so again, as I need to feel a bit more comfortable with all I need to remember, so it doesn't end with us in a tangle on the floor. Wait a minute... that doesn't sound too bad!
Hey! I haven't gotten to cuddle with my honey in nearly ten weeks!! This is getting old, really old!
How does anyone face life without Papa? Life definitely isn't for cowards. Yet, even a coward can make it through and well, when they have God on their side.
I was reading something in the book of Hebrews the other day. To be specific it was Hebrews, chapter thirteen, verse fifteen. It speaks about giving God continually praise.
How can we do that? With His help, of course. Apart from Him we can do nothing. (That's in the Bible too!)
When our desire is to honor Him and please Him, He knows it and gives us the strength and power to do it. My desire is to do all as worship, worship of my great God. This brings life and power into every situation. "God inhabits the praise of His people." And when His Presence is experienced, so is joy, victory, peace...
In today's reading in the devotional "Sanctuary" David Jeremiah had written, "The God who created us for life is the One who can help us with life."
Oh, the life He has for us! He doesn't just get us through life, He gives us abundant life! Yes, right smack dap in the middle of the difficult things. That is where we can experience life in its fullness and then we get to really dance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment