Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last night's posting left me feeling dissatisfied. I had much more to say; I wanted to elaborate on my final thought, but was too exhausted. Exhausted seems to be a word I use too often these days.
There are many things going on each day that I don't write about. Ordinary things that we all deal with as we do life. However, they don't feel so ordinary to me right now.
The list includes many items that belong on my husband's list or, at least, on "our" list!
Should we change electric companies? Which one is best? Is it legit?
Which oil company has the best pre-buy price?
Who is hitting golf balls into our neighbors yard in such a way that it appears to be coming from our yard??
What do I watch for as the town digs out our stream???
Meanwhile...I'm still figuring out the budget...paying those bills...food shopping..and then more food shopping.
I am still trying to get a routine. Certain days I go to see Ray in the morning, no now it will be afternoon..Oh! there's an appointment I need to attend with him? Okay, back to morning...
If you had asked me a few months ago if I like to be in charge, I would have said a definite -Yes! Silly, silly me!
Ray handled so many details of our life that I think I was living the life of a princess! Yes, Papa, I know - I am still a princess, Your princess!
Your princess had a mess to clean up this morning, dear LORD!
We were awakened by a cat fight on our porch!! This is a first. They certainly did it with gusto!! Why would they choose this morning, on the freshly sealed floor, to scatter tufts of hair, urine and feces?? Lovely. Yesterday Matt and our friend, Tim, sealed the floor, as it was put down last summer and needed care. I guess the open space with a roof afforded the cats an ideal arena for their fight!
Matt and I had a laugh, as I went to get the Vicks to put under our noses! Cat odor is in a class all by itself! We figure we must have been irritating our enemy again. Too bad!
We could have become frustrated and angry, but that wouldn't have cleaned it up any faster and it would have ruined our day.
So this princess followed the way of the Prince and rolled up her sleeves, gagged quite a bit, and cleaned the mess up. Yes, it is so good to be patient and kind...
Now where did Ray leave that BB gun??

1 comment:

  1. Step away from the firearms, Debbie!

    Good for you and Matt for forging on - tasks that have a smell factor test a person on a whole different (worse) level.

    ReplyDelete