Sunday, June 6, 2010

A storm passed through today. I love storms; always have! It is exhilerating to watch the wind rushing through the trees causing an uproar among the leaves and the clouds hurrying to catch up. The sound and sight is glorious. To step outside and feel the wind, as it attempts to carry you with it, is refreshing! When one of these storms takes the humidity with it upon its departure, well, that's the cherry on top! That's what happened today and it is a perfect analogy of what my God has been doing in my heart.
It is difficult to experience His creation and not think of Him. What a joy to see His Hand is all of life. And a greater joy to experience His touch personally.
The skipping and dancing continue since His Spirit moved to lift my spirit and remove the heaviness of my heart. Just like the wind whisked away the humidity!!
This morning I was reminded by Brennan Manning that "Our primary identity rests in God's relentless tenderness for us revealed in Jesus Christ."
Who am I? "I am my Beloved's and He is mine!"
To add blessing to blessing I joined my fellow brothers and sisters to worship Him and partake of the LORD'S Supper. Such a precious reminder of what a Savior we have in Him!
Our son, Jon, and I headed over to the hospital to visit you know who. Ray was up and happy to see us, particularly Jon.
Jon shared with his dad the adventures he has been having with work, his home and his car. Ray listened intently. He told us that there was a car show on the hospital grounds in the morning and a volunteer took him outside to check it out. That is something he enjoys and I thank the LORD for having him in such a place! They go the extra mile!
My honey is having trouble focusing his left eye. We are hopeful that once all injuries heal that this will correct itself, as well as his lifeless left arm.
Yes, there is that word - hope. Papa is not letting up with the reminders. That's because He loves me. (Smile)
My hope is not in One who comes and goes like the wind. He is steady and constant and utterly reliable. He never changes, as He is "the same yesterday, today and forever!"
The apostle Paul said, "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage." Philippians 1:20. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment