Saturday, June 19, 2010

Matt and I watched a Disney movie tonight - "Eight Below" - in one scene the sense of comradeship was evident. A few people were behind a guy who was driven to rescue his sled dogs and when he realized that they were behind him, there was great joy. There was a whole lot of hugging because of the realized sense of oneness.
What I and my sons experienced this evening was similar, yet much richer.
A ziti supper was held for our benefit. What a gift!
What was that gift? Certainly the financial support, but so much more! The greatest gift was love. As I watched our dear, precious, loving friends manning stations to serve others for our benefit and so many lining up to participate, I was overwhelmed with the reminder of just how blessed my family is.
Papa, I praise You! How well You know how to love! Thank You for this new lesson in love. You are love and You delight in expressing Yourself!
By the time the event ended I was tired, yet so encouraged and content. It is my prayer that the One Who is able to answer exceeding, abundantly above and beyond all that I could ever ask or think, would bless those who so richly blessed us today!!
I called my dear husband after arriving home to report on the evening, as promised. He sounded wistful and also amazed. I shared with him that someone said they were going to do this again this fall. Ray's response was, "Maybe I can be there for that one."
Maybe? Oh Baby, no maybes! You will be!!
Papa, please take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment