Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sometimes when I can't or shouldn't move around a lot I do the moving in my spirit alone. That is the case while I'm traveling by plane. They discourage dancing in the aisles, so I often need to resort to a subversive operation!
I plug in the head phones, find a worship station and really listen to the words. As I do, they stir my heart and then... I dance! There have even been times when I picture that I am sailing over mountains as I joyfully worship my God.
Other times I might just skip for joy, as His little girl. Tonight I feel like skipping.
You see Papa and I have been talking. Though there is peace underlying my every day, yet there is also a loneliness and boredom; I have felt out of sorts. Sure all of this is understandable, but I longed to get out from under the blahs. I didn't like it! I asked my God for help.
Prayer for me takes many forms as I am aware that my every thought is shared with Him. It is what "practicing the presence of God" means to me. Who is credited with that phrase? Was it Brother Lawrence? I'm not sure, but be sure it wasn't me!
There are times, however, when I need to articulate what is going on in my heart and mind. I know it is for me more than Papa, as He always knows what is astir in His child and often has to clue me in! At these times simply putting feelings into words helps me to recognize them.
Well, I admitted my melancholy mood to my Heavenly Father and then started my day. A little while later the phone rang and it was our good friend James. We talked and discovered that we were both in similar places. We really miss our dear friend! When we ended the conversation I felt a measure of relief. My Papa orchestrated that call and through it I was reminded that my feelings are valid and I am not alone.
It is all too easy to let old lies creep in; lies that say deny your feelings, they are not valid! I spent too many years doing just that and need Divine help to guard against such insidious habits.
As the rest of my day unfolded there was blessing after blessing.
Yes, that is how all my days are, but today was structured by the Hand of my loving Father to answer my plea.
Ray and I had visitors!
My sister, Chrissy and her fiancee', Tim, came to visit from Long Island. We always have a lovely time together filled with laughter. James joined us for lunch, as he had just finished our lawn (!), which added to the enjoyable fellowship. The men refilled Ray's poorly neglected bird feeders and I do believe the birds that filled our trees burst into fresh song!
Our son, Jon, arrived next and all but James headed off to visit Ray.
My honey wasn't as verbal as the past few days, but did greet everyone warmly and had a few words to say. The nurses were eager to tell me that they were able to move him from the bed to his wheelchair and then back again with out the hoyer lift!
The board that was introduced in PT the other day was used instead. This meant that Ray needed to be able to participate in shifting his weight to cross the board!
The staff is so encouraging and deliberately so. I don't believe anyone who is not cheerful would last at Gaylord.
We discovered a handmade card on Ray's nightstand. It was a good size; a regular sized paper folded in half. At the top it said that the message in the card was to be read every day. What was the message? (This is not word for word) Do you notice the changes that are happening? Do you notice what is improving? What is stronger?
Cool.
When we had arrived for our visit Ray already had a visitor! Another good friend, Roger. Just what he needs; to see those who are in his life, close friends; those who love him. Papa is so gracious!
During our visit two more visitors arrived: Armand and Loreen; more love in the air and in our hearts!
We all took a stroll out to the garden. Once we were all settled comfortably surrounding my husband he looked around and thanked us for coming on such short notice and promised to try to give us more warning next time! I love it when the man I know and love shows up!
Yes, the visit was encouraging, yet it always leaves me feeling drained. I think, in part, it is having to say goodbye and head home without him.
Well, Someone wasn't going to let my day end on a minor note! My Saturday evening (date night) was spent over dinner with two of my sons, Jon and Tim, and Tim's girlfriend, Becca. Fun, but the night wasn't over! We went to the movies, which I enjoyed, except for the snakes!!
As the four of us drove home I realized the blahs were gone! When they left I can't tell you. I think they just slowly melted away like a spring thaw. Aslan must be on the move!
Yes, I feel like skipping and as I have no reason to be restrained, I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment