Sunday, June 27, 2010

There have been a few times in my life when the emotions have been so intense and the situations so overwhelming that I have felt removed from all of it. It has been as if I was looking in on someone else's life. It was safer that way. Not this time.
Papa holds firmly to my hand and leads me step by step. All of His reminders about being in the moment are culminating in securing me in the now.
"Look at this." "How does it feel?" "Be real." "Be authentic." "Be you." "Just be!" This is what I continue to hear.
For most of my life I was afraid to feel, afraid to be me, whoever that was! I have learned, but it seems there is always more to learn!
Today was an emotional day that was overwhelming at times.
I have never felt so loved. That feeling is shared by Ray and our sons too. We are in amazement over how our God has been moving, moving in love through so many. It is very humbling.
We are so well cared for in every area. Papa, thank You!
Thank You for being our God, our Savior, our Friend, our Provider, our Shepherd, our Protector and our Healer. The list isn't exhaustive, nor could it be. There isn't time nor words to descibe all He is to and for us.
This morning during our church's service we were presented with the fruits of all our dear friends labors on our behalf; the proceeds from the benefit that was held last Saturday. Very humbling. So sweet. My heart is overflowing with tenderness. I feel wrapped in love and joy.
Sharing with Ray all the blessings that come our way is such an encouragement to his heart. He, too, is humbled and so very grateful.
Papa's love is so astounding. A love that is unconditional; a love freely given and freely demonstrated before we had anything to do with Him. A love that doesn't stop. A love that works all things for good.
What I find even more humbling is how entwined all our lives are with one another. So many are involved in following and taking part in the journey we find ourselves on. He has something for each one.
This isn't unique to our adventure. It is the way of life. No one can live without touching others to one degree or another. We have to encounter each other, if only to survive.
When we really get involved with one another, well, then the sky's the limit!!
I received an email from a dear friend yesterday, who was struggling with why things happen to "good" people. Ah, we could ask Jesus that question.
I believe His answer would be that God has a purpose for everything, a good purpose; a wonderful purpose!
Brennan Manning addressed this issue in today's reading in "Reflections for Ragamuffins."
He spoke of saying yes to our Abba. Yes because He is trustworthy and wise. I like his explanation: "God will bring good out of evil-even a greater good than if there had been no evil-and the trial will have been an immense good for us."
This life is an opportunity to get to know our Heavenly Father in preparation for spending the rest of eternity with Him. It is an opportunity to become more like Him. He knows how to get us ready and how to shape us.
I choose to trust Him. Thank you, dear ones for allowing Him to work through you to help us along this way.
Now for an update regarding my honey. Ray had a number of visitors today, which is great! Sunday's are boring for him; there is no therapy, nothing happening and he is happy to see friendly faces.
He continues to be much quieter than the Ray we all know and love, but seems content just to listen and watch. Our sons always entertain him with their antics.
Speaking of antics. You might recall that some creature had woken me up the other night and so fully that I was up for hours!
Well, our friend, James, was over the other night and informed me that it was a simple tree frog making such a racket. He brought one in for me to see and it fit in his closed hand very nicely. The thing was interesting with its little suction cups on his feet, but not that endearing as far as I was concerned!
A while later the little fella was on the rim of our pool making himself heard and the sound was amplified as it bounced off the water. James was leaving and he was out there laughing with delight. Thanks friend!!
You know how some people stick pink flamingos on one another's lawns? Well, our sons, at my request, have gathered the three tree frogs up and deposited them in our friend's yard - right under his bedroom window!
I have read that laughter is good medicine! I am feeling really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment