Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This day was a full day. Full to the brim. I am wiped out. The brain is in slow motion and my thoughts are disjointed, to say the least. As I sat here trying to get to this page on the website, it was looking doubtful that I would even be able to blog tonight. I figured that might be a blessing, as I was not even sure how to express myself. With that thought the page appeared. I guess the internet is operating slower than usual also, but it seems Papa would have me put a few words down here.
Our precious son, Matthew arrived this morning. I picked him up at the airport and we headed to see his dad. It is so good to have him back home. Such a gift from Papa. A gift also from Matt and his lovely wife, Mindy. Papa's beautiful heart is reflect in all of this. Every step of the way He is there meeting every need, tending to every concern.
Ray was delighted to see Matt. He kept his eyes on him and seemed so relaxed. Relaxed until OT.
Today he had to practice dressing himself. The idea is for him to be as independent as possible. He tried putting a shirt on and then taking it off. Not an easy task, especially with only one arm and hand working. The neck brace added to the challenge.
Ray looked a bit grim by the end of this exercise. Who wants to be so dependent and also be seen as such before their wife and son? No one.
Before this we had time for a short visit in the garden. The three of us took time for some prayer together, so sweet. Ray, as always, puts his trust in our gracious, mighty God, as we all do. Matt expressed thankfulness for a family that is close and loving. It truly is a precious gift.
Papa has used this difficult situation to draw us closer than ever. Praise Him!
Another bright spot appeared in the form of Diedre, Ray's speech therapist. She brought him some Frosted Flakes. Whoop-dee-doo - right? No really, it was a big deal! She said if he could eat it properly with no choking, she was going to lift all restrictions for his meals. He did it!
Matt and I offered to bring him whatever he wanted. Nothing, thank you.
I think his main interest, the thing he is focused on, is getting home. Now that is a good goal and one we will not discourage!
Tomorrow the opthamologist will see Ray and try to determine what is causing his left eye's trouble. Matt and I intend to be there at that time.
I am running out of words and steam so I am signing off. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment