Wednesday, August 25, 2010

This pilgrimage deeper into the Kingdom is like no other!
I love to read and a favorite book of mine is "Pilgrim's Progress." One of the messages of the book is that everything we encounter on our journey to the Holy City can be used to strengthen and bless us.
According to Brennan Manning this journey is one that is filled with promise, possiblities and discovery. I concur!
The promise of Heaven! No matter what valleys or mountains this adventure leads me to, I can be certain of the final outcome. Now that is the best promise we could ever receive! Praise God!
The possiblities are vast. How much do I want to experience of what He would like to show me? There lies the limits - I get as much as I really want.
Oh, and the discoveries! It is Papa that I get to discover more about along the way.
If I so choose.
His Word is one place to make discoveries. I am constantly amazed as I come across something "new." I have been studying this book for over thirty years, cover to cover, and still am making discoveries. Papa loves to use His Word to speak to my heart.
This morning I was reading a section of the first epistle to the Corinthians. I had to stop when I came to verse twenty-six in the twelfth chapter. "And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."
My life has been an interesting one. There have been many challenges throughout. Papa has always had people in my life to come alongside me. Being part of the "body" has been such a good thing.
Yet...
Never have I experienced such a time where so many have come alongside in such a heartfelt way. I know that I and my family are carried daily in many hearts and prayers. The God of all comfort has been evident in so many dear ones. I am humbled by such tenderness, such love. All I can do is bow before my Savior and worship. If I were to stop short of giving Him the glory, I would be cheating my God out of what He deserves and cheating myself out of the joy of more of Him. For He inhabits the praises of His people. Such grace!!

I will be heading to NY tomorrow morning to be with my sisters and their families. We bury Sara on Saturday. That sounds so odd to say.
My sons will be pallbearers. That sounds very odd too.
It is a great comfort to know that we will be held closely in heart and in prayer.
To Him be all the glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment