Thursday, April 5, 2012

Really Real

"He who has received His witness has set his seal to this, that God is true."
                                                                                 John the Baptist

I have reflected on God is Love and God is All Mighty or All Powerful; even that God is Truth, but how often have I stopped to consider this very basic word about Him?

True.
As in Real.

Of course, I know and believe that He is real. 
Yet, don't I take that for granted?
It's a given.

For us maybe.
Not for everyone.
Not for many.

Romans Chapter Ten, verse Fourteen puts it this way,
"How then shall they call upon Him in whom they have not believed?"
What will stir belief?

The verse goes on to say,
"And how shall they believe in Him whom they have not heard?  And how shall they hear without a preacher?"
To be a preacher you simply need to be a herald, one who makes proclamation.

That sounds like it includes all who know Him!

Psalm Ninety-Six, verse Two confirms this.
"Sing to the LORD, bless His Name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day."
Today I had to make a brief stop at a store.

Veronica is the name of the cashier that rang me out.
Before I even made my way to her register she was waving me over.

I noted her sweet face and demeanor.

As she rang me out we began to chat. 
About her name actually. 

Veronica was my mother's name and I told her so.
It is a rich name we both agreed.

As I left I felt led to bestow a blessing upon her.

Her face lit up and she praised the LORD.
I knew it!
The spirit she carried was none other than the Spirit of our very real God!

We were so excited to connect in Him that when I left it was sans one bag.

This beautiful woman ran into the parking lot with it, which gave me the opportunity to do what I had wanted to do. 
I gave her a great big bear hug!

People walking by looked on with wonder.
Wonder over these two ladies hugging and jumping around together out of joy!

Proclamation comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes!
So as we progress through this holy week may the joy we share overflow all over those around us!

Because our God is for real!!



No comments:

Post a Comment