Saturday, April 7, 2012

Aglow

I enjoy reading out loud and right now I wish I could read something to you.
It deserves to be heard, not just read.

The words are nestled among Brennan Manning's thoughts from today's reading in his Reflections For Ragamuffins.  It is a portion of a quote by a Edward Schillebeecx.

Since I cannot say listen to this! I will type them here with the urging to you to read them through once to yourself and then out loud.

"'Sitting at the right hand of God.' the LORD Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit to form the holy People of God, a community of prophets and lovers who would surrender to the mystery of the fire of the Spirit that burns within, who would live in ever greater fidelity to the shattering omnipresent Word, who would enter into the center of all that is, into the very heart and mystery of God, into the center of that flame that consumes and purifies and sets all aglow with peace, joy, boldness, and extravagant love-which is what it means to claim the name "Christian," follower of Jesus Christ."
WOW!  Right?!

As I read these words, my heart burned with the longing to fully enter into this life; 
the life of a Christian, a follower of my glorious God and Savior.

A member of His holy people.
A part of a community of those who speak words of faith that stir more faith and love.and minister to one another in that amazing love.

Oh to be consumed by His Spirit!
And to be more deeply attuned afresh by that shattering Living Word!
To find myself in the very heart of my God.

To be consumed, purified and set aglow!
For that peace, joy, boldness and extravagant love to mark my every breathe!

Jesus opened the way for us by way of the Cross.
His resurrection confirmed it.

Oh Papa, I want all that is mine, as one of Your holy people!

Do I hear an Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment