Friday, April 6, 2012

The Best Season!

This is my favorite season of the year.
I do not mean that it is spring, which is lovely, but that it is Easter season.

Thirty-three years ago this month I fell in love with Jesus.
He had been drawing me to Himself and what sealed it was the movie, Jesus of Nazareth.

The movie ends with Jesus' Words from the Eleventh Chapter of Matthew,
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
And also His promise to..
"Never leave you or forsake you."
Those Words spoke to my heart.

Today I had the privilege of sharing them with my friends at the rehab.

I also shared with them what I have been sharing on this blog this week.

About half of those in the program gathered to take part.
That meant thirteen people made up our little circle today.

It was evident that the Holy Spirit was ministering to their hearts.

We ended our time together by sharing bread and the cup in remembrance of Jesus' amazing sacrifice.

Each one tore off a piece of bread and then we took part together.

One of the young men poured out the grape juice for us.
And we lifted our cups as one.

And we were.
And the Living God was in the midst of us.

Yes, He is always in our midst, but this day His Presence was felt.

I pray that these precious people hold on to the Truth that His sacrifice was for each one; that He deeply loves each one of them.

We ended our time together in a somber joy.
This day is somber, but Sunday brings the joy!

Had Sunday not dawned over an empty tomb today would have been a hollow remembrance.

However, that tomb was empty and our hearts are full!







No comments:

Post a Comment