Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen indeed!!!

Before I opened my eyes this morning those words resounded in my heart and mind.

I opened my Bible to the Gospel of Matthew and read the account and my heart danced!  In turn I read each gospel account; I just could not get enough of the Good News!

My faith is secure!  It has solid footing.

His Love placed Him on and held Him to the Cross.
His Power raised Him from the dead.

One without the other would leave all the promises and all hope empty.
Together they proclaim that not only are my sins covered, but life eternal is mine!

Paul put it this way in the Fifteenth Chapter of First Corinthians,
“… and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.  Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.  If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied. But now Christ has been raised form the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.”
During service this morning one of the men sang a song centered on the resurrection (of course).  I had a hard time staying in my seat!  In the end I had to jump up!

Such Good News!

Such a gift!

Such a powerful God and Savior!

So rejoice with me – He is risen indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment