Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reason to Worship!

The first sight that greeted me, as I entered the kitchen this morning, was Matthew seated at the table eating his breakfast.   He was wearing wireless headphones and was obviously enjoying both the food and the music.  Instead of turning the music off before leaving he handed me the headphones so I could listen.  He and I enjoy the same styles of music; most of which is worship to God, not just about God.
The song playing was telling Papa that He is my fountain, my source of life and refreshment.  Listening and then making the words my own to my Heavenly Father brought refreshment to my soul.
What a way to begin your day!!

One by one everyone left the house.  Ray headed off to therapy, then Tim and finally Mindy went to their prospective jobs.  The house was mine and Papa's!
Instead of headphones, I could crank up the speakers and allow the music to drawn my full attention to my Gracious, Glorious God.
It was lovely.  That is all I am saying, as it was Jesus and my special time, just the two of us.

I will share a few thoughts that He revealed to me during this delightful time.

At one point I was reflecting upon Him as my Peace and Comforter.  A picture formed in my mind of Him laying a thick, downy blanket over me.  It was more than ample to cover all of me.  This is important to me because at nearly five foot eleven inches I have spent many years trying to find things long enough to do the job of covering me properly!
Papa's blanket not only covers me, but is light, yet warm and seems to embrace me.  It is His Peace and He never removes it.  It is mine (ours) permanently.
In the fourteenth chapter of John Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, not let it be fearful."
He leaves it with us, He gives it to us, so it is ours forever.  He is not One to take a gift back, if we seem to "lose it" it only means that we are not appropriating it for ourselves.  His peace is always available.

A song came up on the roster that spoke of the Cross; the shadow of the Cross to be specific.  As it played I reflected on the Cross and the transformation that it brings to each one of us as we let its shadow fall upon us. 
Another picture formed in my mind.
Normally a shadow is by nature out of the light.  What casts the shadow blocks the light.  However, when you step the shadow of the Cross falls upon you, you find yourself in the Light!  The Light that is encountered in that shadow is life giving.  It illumines your heart, mind and soul!
You see our God is Light.  James tells us that He is the "Father of lights, with whom there is no variation, or shifting shadow."

Why would we go anywhere else.  As Peter told Jesus, "LORD, to whom else would we go?  You have the Words of Life."
Yes, the Words of Life and Light and Peace and Comfort!
Praise His Holy Name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment