Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Philippians, "And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Yes, Papa does supply everything I need. One of the things I need is to know what I need. I learned to be self-sufficient at an early age and continue to be pretty independent. It is much easier to offer help than receive it! Do I hear any amens?

Under the topic of needs it seems to me that the most difficult to realize has to do with emotional needs. How am I doing is a question I get quite often. I think I am doing fine. Well, in many ways.
I don't think I'm "stuffing" anything and do feel free to express what I am feeling at any given time. The fear of crying in front of others is gone. During my childhood I had been told repetitively that I was unattractive and when I cried I became downright ugly! Who wants to look ugly?
Well, Papa says I am beautiful and I feel it! So if God is for me, who can be against me?!

There is a need that isn't being met. The need to be held by someone with skin on.
When I first went into see my niece this past weekend, I was overwhelmed with emotion. My wonderful brother-in-law, Steven, held me. I was so very grateful. It was really something as we have never been very huggy with one another!

Well, Steven isn't here now and I do think it would be a little odd if he continued to hold me through all of this. My sister, Patti, would definitely think so too!
My beloved sons are good huggers, but then again, there is a limit.
The one who I would normally turn to isn't mentally or physically in a position to meet this need of mine.
So it's Papa and me. He is my Comforter, the Lover of my soul and I can rest in His arms.
My heart echoes verse one from Psalm thirty-four; I will praise Him at all times!
Something I read this morning by David Jeremiah was in connection with this verse. Worship is to be the pattern of our lives. I do pray that it is evident in mine!

I have begun a study of Jonah and had to stop at the first verse. "The Word of the LORD came to Jonah.." What a privilege! God speaking to us, to me! What implications!! What opportunity!!
He calls to us to join Him; join Him in working out His will. Often what He is about is doing something in us, as He does something through us. I ask often for help to stay and be teachable. We never arrive. I think Jonah thought he had. He looked down on those who were to receive his message, as if they were more unworthy than he. HA!
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

So, Papa, another need has surfaced. A need to remember my need for a Savior. As the hymn writer penned, "I need Thee every hour!"

My honey has needs too, of course. This week the doctor at Gaylord was thrilled by his progress. She was very kind and gentle with him. Typical of that hospital!
He is anxious over his left arm. There is a bit of movement in the fingers and a whole lot of pain from the elbow to through those fingers. Will it recover? If so, how much? Will he regain his independence? Will he be able to go back to work or be forced to retire next April?
These are some of the questions Ray needs answers to, unfortunately, it is a wait and see game for the most part.
Next week he has appointments with PT, OT and speech for evaluation. They will then set up a schedule for therapy, including aquatics!
We checked rehabs that were nearer our home for the out-patient therapy, but none offer as good a care as Gaylord. We are willing to drive the extra distance.

Isn't always about being willing to go the extra distance? It is always worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment