Monday, September 13, 2010

There is nothing like a backache to color your perspective for the day.
The ache greeted me this morning and has refused to leave. It and I sit here vying with one another over what should be written in this posting.

Mr. Ache made it easy for me to feel overwhelmed today. The paperwork and phone calls that needed doing seemed to be too much to face. Every movement made me weary.
Going through the therapeutic exercises with my honey was a challenge. A challenge until the thought came to me that maybe I should join Ray in doing them.
Ah, a measure of relief!

My God is watching out for me and when I am listening, helps me through the challenges. In my journal this morning I had written that Papa looks out of me, so I can look out for others. He has my back, so to speak and I needn't look over my shoulder. I can look forward, beyond myself, to the needs of others.
I don't have to look very far.

The needs that I am to tend to should not be viewed as burdens. I am free in and through Jesus; free to be His vessel, to minister. Ministry is such a privilege. It is simply my God working through me. It is His Spirit that leads, motivates, and empowers. Such freedom! Freedom to live as one who belongs to Him. Freedom to be all He intends me to be!

Yes, I am weary this night. So is my husband. He is struggling a little with depression and frustration. Everything is an effort. His left arm is of great concern to him. If it does not recover, he will have to retire. He wanted to do that in his own time on his own terms. The dear man is trying to focus on "letting go". Good goal; one that can only be realized as we look to the One whose Hands willing receive what we release to Him.

This weariness will pass. It will because we are overcomers and not because we are strong or tough, far from it! We will overcome because of who we look to in faith. We will not be disappointed.
I read the end of the story and it has a happy ending!!

"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. And who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"
AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment