Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Matt and Mindy arrived last night! Thank You, Papa!
I am so very grateful to have them here. Though we will have to feel our way through this new arrangement for a while, it is going to be good.


There have been so many changes in our lives. I know life is about change, but I would like to settle down for a while! Just too much going on for this weary soul! You see, with change there needs to be adjustment, acceptance and learning to live fully no matter what. That takes energy and lots of effort. Sigh.
However, whether the path gets smoother or not I know He will take us through it.


Today I have been thinking about friendship. It is a very precious gift.

Scripture speaks about and has examples of real friends. I love the story of David and Jonathan. If you are not familiar with it, check out the first book of Samuel in the Old Testament!

In the twenty-seventh chapter of Proverbs we are told that counsel from a friend is sweet. That is because a friend speaks truth into your life. They are concerned for you and envision a good future for you. They want the best for you. A true friend loves and accepts the real you.

My God is my friend. He has been revealing to me the truth that I am accepted in the Beloved, I am His beloved! As this becomes my experience I am learning to be comfortable being me. Masks are no longer needed. If God is for me, who can be against me?!
I am learning that it is good to be me. What a joy! What freedom!

He and I share a number of friends. Such fun!
This journey we are on is a group effort.
In the tenth chapter of Hebrews, starting at the twenty-third verse we read:
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near."

Let us - see a group effort! We can encourage each other, remind each other and hold each other up! Though I haven't been in a church building in a while, it doesn't mean I haven't experienced church! Every day I am reminded that I am part of His body, the church.
Now that is true friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment