Friday, December 10, 2010

Tis the Season

The past two days have been full; too full!  This lady likes to ease into her day, stroll through it and then ease herself out of it...
Not much frustrates me, but shopping is definitely something that can. 
It is that time of year.  I try to keep it simple and do shop online as much as possible, but inevitably I must venture out into the chaotic world of malls and such.  Yesterday was the day.
As the day wore on a mantra began in my head.  "I hate shopping, I hate shopping, I hate shopping!"  It wouldn't be half bad if I could just find and purchase what I went into any given store to buy.  But, no-o-o!  Did I really expect it to be that easy?!
Just shopping for my family is no easy task:  Four sons, two daughter-in-laws, two potential daughter-in-laws (I hope!), two grandkids and one great-grand (!), not counting a few other family members!  I gave up on the friend gift-exchange a few years ago.
What complicates things is that three of our four sons are six foot four and do not fit in the "normal" assortment of clothes that are offered in the stores.  It seems that if a store offers such clothing they also presume the man is BIG, as in WIDE.  Just doesn't work for our guys. 
I finished off the day with a trip to COSTCO.  It wasn't the location that I usually shop at and everything was turned around.  This did not make me happy.
The way that I got myself through that store was with a promise of a treat afterward, a vanilla chai from Dunkin Donuts!  Could I find a DD anywhere close by afterward?  Of course not.
So suffice it to say, I was draggin by the time I got home.

I had fully intended to sit down yesterday evening to share a few thoughts in a post.  My day had started gloriously.  Papa had blessed my heart and I wanted to share it with you.  All I wanted to do was write, but cannot do so under the gun, so had to put it off.
By the time I arrived home there was nothing left in my head, except for the mantra of the day.
But today is a new day and I am refreshed, so I will be sharing these blessings with you.
However, it will have to be later because I have errands to run and appointments to keep.  If you read this before I return, please pray that the mantra does not recommence before I return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment