Friday, December 3, 2010

Joy

Papa put a particular message on my heart in the spring of last year.  I had the privilege of sharing it with a group of lovely ladies about a year ago.  It was entitled "Oh, the Joy!"
He brought it back to me this morning.

"And the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the LORD."  This is found in the second chapter of Luke.  If I had been writing it myself, exclamation points would have been used very generously throughout!

No need to fear!!
Behold!!!
Good News!!!
Great Joy!!!  For everyone!!!
A Savior!!!!!!!!
Christ the LORD!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus' birth ushers in Joy. 
The Gift of God is sent in Love and wrapped in Joy.
All we need do is receive it.  It is readily available at all times.
Yes, at all times!

Today marks day four of a miserable chest cold.  Last night I was up quite a while with a pain in my shoulder that wouldn't quit.  Excedrin did not help.  A muscle relaxer taken this morning hasn't helped.
I do not like to take any medication, so you know I am hurting.
Yet...

This morning was a time of joy; joy in His Presence!
Joy is a fruit of the Spirit, His Spirit.  It is not contingent upon circumstances.  It is not something we have to stir up on our own.  Not possible and definitely not sustainable.
As Papa and I enjoyed each other's company, He spoke to my heart.  He reminded me that trials are temporary and even as we are in the midst of them, they cannot separate us from His Love!
Reflecting upon that truth, receiving it and resting in it opens us up for more joy.

Yes, Oh, the Joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment