Friday, December 10, 2010

Indescribable!

The ninth chapter of second Corinthians ends with these words:
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"

I love reading Paul's writings.  There are times where he cannot contain himself and bursts out with praise for God.
He is right to say that the gift of God is indescribable.  Certainly we can find some words to describe, in part, Who this gift is, but only in part.

The book of Revelation is the focus of study and meditation for me at the moment and there are quite a few descriptions of our God and Savior.
The fourth chapter blew me away the other day.  Then I re-read it out of The Message and was floored!

I am tempted to copy the whole chapter right here, but feel constrained.  Pick the Bible up and read it for yourself!

John is in the midst of a vision from God.  He finds himself before the very Throne of God.  The beauty and glory are overwhelming.  Around the Throne are four living creatures who praise God non-stop.
The emphasis of their praise is God's Holiness and how worthy He is, as the Creator, to receive glory, honor and power.

Some might not understand how words in a book can thrill one's heart and soul so deeply and if they were simply that, they couldn't and wouldn't.  What makes the difference is that they are from God and that means they carry His power. 
What is so thrilling?  Well, I know Papa loves me.  Couple that with Who He is and I am amazed afresh!

The One Who loves me, just as I am, is the Holy One, the Creator God.  This One has made a way for me to live forever with Him.  One day I will see Him face-to-face!

I do not have the market cornered on His Love. 
The other day I was speaking with a dear friend, who was sharing how she thought God loved some more than others.  In particular she thought that He could love some others more than He loved her.
Not true!!  Every single one of us is His personal favorite!  The difference between any of us is whether we know it or not and how well!

I continued on into the fifth chapter of Revelation today and found myself before the Throne.  The focus was on the Lamb of God.  The spotless Lamb of God paid the price for our redemption and is worthy of praise!  He alone is worthy to sit on the Throne.

Many praise Him there in the heavenlies.  John heard them say, "To Him who sits on the Throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."
With that they fell down and worshiped.
Shall we join them?

Psalm sixteen, verse eleven says,
"In Your Presence is fulness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

Yes, let's join in praising Him for in His Presence our joy will overflow!

No comments:

Post a Comment