Wednesday, December 22, 2010

HOME

Sunday morning my honey joined me at church.  The whole congregation applauded!

I had returned to the morning service a while ago.  It is amazing how you don't realize how much you miss something until it is, once more, in your life!
Being with a loving church family gives a person the sense of being home.
The place palpitates with love.  Just like Papa's heart!

This is definitely the season not to miss attending church.  The music is joyful and there's more of it, as people cannot help but share their talents; it seems everything is over the top!
Jesus' birth put a song in many hearts!  As one reads the story of His birth in Luke, you find song after song, as people and angels cannot contain themselves!
A comment I read this morning by David Jeremiah caused me to write this in my journal: "With Jesus birth music was given fresh joyful life!"

The GOOD News of Great Joy, which is for all the people, generates more joy.  Joy oftens bursts into song!  We have a home waiting for us!

Each year I like to take a look at the birth of Jesus from a different perspective.  The Christmas Edition of 'Our Daily Bread" has helped me to do just that.
Yesterday's reading examined the innkeeper and his full inn.  The innkeeper is always depicted as a mean man who sneers as he tells Mary and Joseph that there was no room in his inn.  The writer, David McCasland, shared a story of Grace Ditmanson Adams.  An experience she had as a child gave her a fresh view of the innkeeper.
Grace's parents were missionaries to China and they made frequent trips through inland China.  One trip brought them to a crowded, noisy village inn.  There was no room for them, except in a small storage room.  The room afforded them some privacy and quiet.  They were very grateful.  A home away from home.
Grace wondered if the innkeeper wasn't demonstrating kindness in directing this expectant couple to the stable.

I have heard or read the Christmas story for most of my life.  I love it when I get to see some aspect of it through fresh eyes!

A fresh perspective or reminder helps put things into perspective, as we traverse through the challenges of this life. 
This week has had its challenges to be certain.  There has been the need for more phone calls, emails and that never-ending paperwork.
Something that Mindy is known to say kept coming to mind, "I am going to get cranky!"

This is Christmas week and I do not want to do anything but enjoy my Savior; with no interruptions!!  I wanted time to enjoy the last minute details of Christmas, not feel rushed.
Papa wants me to enjoy Him, as I go through all the different details. 
My focus was slipping...

I had just composed and sent out a Christmas greeting via email, when I received a response.  A very dear couple shared a song with me that they use to listen to on LPs.  I have copied it below.

    My heart can sing, when I pause to remember,
    A heartache here is but a stepping stone,
    Along a path that's winding ever upwards;
    This weary world is not my final home.

        Refrain:
        But until then, my heart will keep on singing,
        Until then, with joy I'll carry on;
        Until the day my eyes behold the City,
        Until the day God calls me Home.

    The things of earth will dim and lose their value,
    When we recall they're borrowed for a while,
    The things of earth that cause the heart to tremble,
    Remembered there, will only bring a smile.

    This weary world, with all its toil and struggle,
    May take its toll of misery and lies:
    The soul of man is like a waiting falcon;
    When it's released, it's destined for the skies.

                Stuart Hamblen  1958



Yes, until I arrive at my real Home, I will sing!  I believe that when I listen to and respond to the song in my heart it is simply a joining with Him in song.

And on occasion a graceful dance is thrown in!


No comments:

Post a Comment