Saturday, July 31, 2010

Many years ago before I started this amazing walk with my Jesus I remember sitting in a church service on a particular Sunday morning. They explained that each month they would feature a different hymn and someone would share the song's history and what it meant to them personally. The hymn of the month at the time was "Amazing Grace."
A woman stood at the podium explaining the story of how the song came to be written. Nothing of what she said made an impression. However, she did make one comment that got my attention.
She said with enthusiasm, "Grace is amazing, isn't it?!" Those words hit me. I remember thinking, "What the h*** is grace anyway?!
Oh, it is so easy to think everyone knows what we are talking about, isn't it?!
Since that time I have learned the meaning, praise God! Unmerited favor!! I walk in the favor of God because He loves me!! Nothing I have or have not done affects this grace! I was far from Him and He, in His grace and mercy, drew me to Himself! I was a stranger and now I am part of the family!! We read about this in the second chapter of Ephesians.
I am indeed "carried by grace" whether to Asia or just to get me out of bed in the morning. Such a comfort.
His Word is a comfort. Truth is found there. It is the spark that ignites my heart!
Well, it ignites my heart if I choose to let it. It depends upon where my focus is at the moment.
It depends upon what I really want.
Do I want my life to be nice and tidy? Do I want everything and everyone fixed more than I want Him? Going deeper in my relationship with the Living God definitely won't be neat; messy is more like it! His ways are not my ways, but I do know that they are better!
This morning the reading in "Reflections for Ragamuffins" stated that "He will finally give me exactly what I choose." Sobering words.
My God does not force His ways on any of us. We choose.
Oh, LORD God, I choose You and Your ways in spite of myself!!
When I reflect back over these last three and a half months I can see His Handprints over all of it.
Today Matt and I saw evidence of His touch. Ray can more his left thumb!! Oh, it is ever so slight and you have to look very closely, BUT IT DID MOVE!!
Amazing, don't you think??!!
Here's something else that is amazing:
Revelation twenty-one, verses one through seven from The Message:
"I saw Heaven and earth new-created. Gone the first Heaven, gone the first earth, gone the sea.
I saw Holy Jerusalem, new-created, descending resplendent out of Heaven, as ready for God as a bride for her husband.
I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making His home with men and women! They're His people, He's their God.
He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good-tears gone, crying gone, pain gone-all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new. Write it all down-each word dependable and accurate."
Then He said, "It's happened. I'm A to Z. I'm the beginning, I'm the Conclusion. From Water-to-Life Well I give freely to the thirsty. Conquerors inherit all this. I'll be God to them, they'll be sons and daughters to me."
Isn't that amazing?!!! Such Good News!!
My hope is in the God who made such glorious promises.
As we anticipate Ray's homecoming, possibly as early as August 13th, and all the concerns we have regarding it, we will keep our eyes and heart fixed on the One Who is Faithful. First Thessalonians chapter five, verse twenty-four is one of my life verses. It reminds me that whatever He calls me to do, He will actually be the one doing it!
A moment ago I used the word "we", because Ray, myself and our sons are all looking to Him. As we look, we will walk; one step at a time and He will lead, shining light on the path we are to take.
Blessed be the Name of the LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment