Saturday, July 24, 2010

During our sons' childhood we spent much time exploring the book of Proverbs. Many verses were committed to memory, including Proverbs chapter three, verses five and six. For many these are very familiar verses.
They were Papa's gift to me today.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Okay, Papa, what are you saying to me?
I know that You, Precious Papa, are trustworthy and, as best as I can, I am giving my heart over in this trust. As time goes by, I am realizing more and more that I am fragile and so goes my thinking process often. I choose to bring it all to You. You are woven through it all. So one step at a time you are illuminating my paths.
This family is on some rocky paths and without You, Dear LORD God, we would stumble badly.
The path that takes us to that rehab to see Ray, yet a different Ray than we ever knew. Who will he be when this in over? Only You know. What I know is that the path You lead us on is the one that is the best for us and will produce good things.
So as we head to New York to see my precious girl, Sara, our eyes are on You alone. You supply the strength, the words, the wisdom and the grace. You are the source of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment