Saturday, July 17, 2010

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and delivered Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20
This morning I was looking through the journal where each day I write the scripture out that Papa speaks to me. What a blessing His Word is to me. This is, in part, how I "live by faith."
His Word is a love letter to me (us). Every single day He has words of encouragement and comfort to give me. It is my choice whether I receive them or not. If I do not look into the Bible; if I do not take time to sit at His feet, I cheat myself out of so much of what He has for me.
Here are a few of the Words He has had for me:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17 - I am His new creation, even when I feel worn out and old!!
"Therefore , holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus the Apostle and High Priest of our confession." Hebrews 3:1 - I am holy!! Whoa!! I have a heavenly calling!!! Consider; think on, look closely at Jesus!!
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You." Isaish 26:3 - If I keep my eyes and heart fixed on Him; remembering who He is, which is All-Powerful, All-Wise, All-Loving, and In Control!! Then I have true peace.
My God can and does speak to my heart through all of life. I hear Him in others' words and actions; in nature and music. He delights in blessing His children; He loves to love us.
Before sitting down to write this post I puttered around our yard for a bit. I haven't had time to do this before now. Can you imagine what I found growing around our open well? Yes, more Queen Anne's Lace!! I also discovered that it has popped up at the entrance to our driveway!!
How these discoveries made my heart and face smile!
There is a whole lot to smile about even in the midst of all the struggle and heartache that has surrounded us of late. The simple fact that we are in the tender Hands of the Living God does it all by itself. Then there are a multitude of little things that I am determined not to overlook; the beauty of a day and the ability to enjoy it is one example. Something else that most of us never stop to be thankful for is something that my dear husband is smiling over - No more catheterizations!!!
I am heading outside to putter some more and am sure to find more to smile about too!

No comments:

Post a Comment