Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mercy

Mercy was the theme of my readings this morning.  Everything that I read carried a similar message.
I have learned to sit up and take notice when that happens.  When Papa wants to get a message through to me He covers all bases.  Sometimes it is as if He were underlining certain words and phrases. 
He had his pen in hand today!
In His MERCY He covered my sins.  He doesn't stop there.  His Presence in my life amazes me!  Not just peace with God, but relationship, friendship! 
His MERCY should be evident in and through my life.

When He brings a word to my attention, I enjoy plugging it into the thesaurus.  Here are some of the words that I found for mercy: compassion, forgiveness, clemency, kindness, sympathy, understanding, and leniency.
Those words made me think of the word "grace."
Many years ago I learned that grace means "His unmerited favor."
The thesaurus adds, kindness, favor and mercy.
Ah, the two go hand-in-hand, don't they?

In His mercy He draws us to Himself and redeems us.  He knows we are but dust and shows compassion toward us.  In the Psalms we read that His compassions fail not...His mercies are new every day...
My God understands me better than I understand myself.  Sometimes I take myself by surprise in how I respond to different situations.  He is never surprised.  Yet, I walk in His favor!

He knows that I have been wrestling with all the details of my life and has the answers, but sometimes I forget that fact.
I forget that Jesus said that He came to give us life and life more abundant!  When that isn't my experience, I know it isn't because He has withheld it from me.  No, it is because I am trying to do things myself and in my way.  Such a mess I make, especially in my heart!

Someone else needed to cancel their scheduled time with Ray today, which meant I was homebound.  Sigh.
Now did I immediately remember and focus on what Papa had to say to me this morning?  Don't be silly!
It was a slow process, but eventually I let go and waited on Him.
The LORD loves when we let go and let Him handle things.  The blockage (me) was cleared and blessings flowed! 

A friend came for lunch.
Someone else offered to drive Ray to Gaylord on Fridays and even sit with him while I visit my friends at the rehab!!
Gaylord called and changed my honey's schedule for tomorrow.  He will be finished earlier than usual, so we will get home in time for me to head to that rehab!  Oh, I know that I am not certain who will sit with my husband tomorrow afternoon, but I know Papa has that worked out too!

This morning I was prompted to look at my calendar and write in the next Potluck.  It will be November seventh at five o'clock in the evening.  I will have beverages and dessert waiting.  Who will we find standing at our door this time?!
Another date which has been assigned is December eleventh.  Each year we have a Christmas party.  This year will be no different.  It will begin at six o'clock.  Details will follow!

Yes, abundant life is ours in Christ!  That life is best enjoyed together!  So do join us so we can rejoice in His mercy and grace together!

No comments:

Post a Comment