Thursday, October 14, 2010

It feels like we haven't spoken in quite a while. I think of you often through my day, but it isn't always easy to find the time to sit down for a chat with you. It takes me time to settle down and gather my thoughts, so I don't if I can't.

The above paragraph is for you dear reader(s) though it could be for Papa too. However, He and I do communicate even when I am on the run. Yet, He and I both miss the leisurely times of fellowship. I know that there are different seasons in our lives and we (I) need to go with them. Flexibility is needed.

Why is it that I so easily buy into the thinking that He isn't pleased with short times of "just the two of us"? It is often all that is available at the moment and Papa doesn't expect anything that we can't give to Him. He is not demanding, nor unreasonable. Quite the contrary. He is extravagant in His giving. He loves to bless! He has so much to give and the path of discovery is through our relationship with Him.

The Apostle Paul knew that and expressed as much in his epistle to the Ephesians. I have used his words when talking to Papa about a number of people. Here's Paul's prayer as it reads from The Message: "I ask-ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory-to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing Him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is He is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life He has for His followers, oh the utter extravagance of His work in us who trust Him-endless energy, boundless strength!"

What power and blessing is available to us through Jesus!!
Are we blessed or what??!!


The blessings do keep pouring in...
Meals....
Friends to spend time with my honey..
To drive him to Gaylord...
Time with special friends of my own...
Good doctors and therapists....
Even....
Answers regarding Ray's pension!!
This has been weighing upon my mind. Decisions don't need to be made as of yet, but I want to have everything in order. Questions such as, "Will we be able to afford to stay in this house a while longer?" need answering.
Answers are coming! Ah....

We are moving ahead in another area-Ray's vision. We visited with our eye doctor this week. Tests were and will continue to be done to help the doctor to formulate the right plan for my husband. It is such a comfort to know that this doctor doesn't simply know eyes, but Papa too!

On the twentieth of this month Ray is scheduled for another EMG. This is a test of the nerves in his arm. It will be more than interesting to learn the results of this test, as Ray has been gaining a little more movement in his hand. This is very unexpected according to the doctors and therapists. Nerves do not generally come back and if they do, it is at a very slow rate. His progress is not slow by medical standards!

A week from this Saturday I and my family in New York are walking in a fundraiser that Sara had helped start. It is called the Sunrise Fund and it is for children with cancer. This year's walk is in Sara's memory. The Cancer Society's walk that is happening this coming weekend is less personal and since I cannot go to New York both weekends I am choosing to participate in the later walk. Papa has already lined up the help that is needed on this homefront so that I can go down on Friday. The walk begins at 7:30 AM the following morning.

Though I may not feel like I am getting as much "alone time" with Papa as I like, it has occurred to me that every moment of my every day is a Papa moment. I and my family are snug in His Hands and He is caring for our every need. What a humbling realization!
Now if I can just stay out of my head and stay focused on those Hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment