Saturday, February 12, 2011

BORED? Maybe not.

Boredom.
Monotony.  Dullness.  To add a couple of words from the thesaurus.

I am rarely bored. 
There is always something to do or think about or read.
Today is no exception. 
The problem is that I cannot concentrate on any of it.  My energy level is just about non-existent and not just physical energy.
I truly feel dull.

Well, that's it.  I have no idea what I thought I'd be writing here.  I just felt like I needed to write something.
I can report that Matt is improving.  Yesterday was scary.  Never before had any of us seen him so weak.
I am getting better also.
However, the improvement for both of us is way too slow!
Mindy told me that the flu can last up to ten days.
UGH!!! 

Speaking of my lovely daughter-in-law, she is beginning to not feel very well herself.
Ray is grateful he had his flu shot.  So are we!
Tim is steering clear of the house.  If he stops for something, he covers his mouth and won't touch anyone.
Smart guy!

In a way, I feel like I have been steering clear of Papa, but then He reminds me that He is with me whether I have any energy to actively seek Him or not.  It is a comfort.  Knowing that nothing comes my way without His permission is also very comforting.  I don't know what His purpose is, but I do know in the long run, it will be for good.
During my quiet times throughout this week He keeps bringing the word "imagination" to my attention.  Having an imagination is a gift from Papa and we do Him a disservice when we do not exercise it.  I know when I do, it enriches my relationships; beginning with His and mine.
Many years ago a verse in Isaiah captured my attention and I have kept it with me for over thirty years.  This week Oswald Chambers references it in "My Utmost for His Highest."   The topic was "imagination."
I had learned the verse from the King James Version.  He used a Revised Version.
Here it is:
"You will keep Him in perfect peace, whose imagination is stayed on You."

I do not have enough umph right now to do much with this, but this much I can do.  I am picturing myself curled up in Papa's lap where He will restore me.
And that is certainly not a boring place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment