Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beyond Sight

One of the gifts Matt and Mindy gave me for my birthday is a daily calender.  The calendar's theme is motherhood.  Each day offers a quote from a variety of people.  Yesterday's page held this comment by Evelyn L Beilensen:
"The proverb, 'Out of sight, out of mind' never applies to a mother's relationship with her child."

How true, at least for this momma.  I can't imagine forgetting any one of my children.  Yet, as much as I love them, Papa reminds me that His love for them is deeper still; they are never out of His thoughts or sight.  He says that even if a mother forgets her nursing child He never will.

These truths reinforce my commitment to hang in there, no matter what.
How gracious Papa is!  He strengthens my faith in His grace, which brings light to the darkness that tries to engulf me and mine and brings power to my prayers.  Through prayer I can confidently engage God's help knowing that He will do what is right and good.  That is His nature.


I continued in Hebrews eleven today and read about yet more who exercised their faith tenaciously.  Each one listed, as an example, lived with abandon for God.  They were confident that He would keep His promises and that those promises were worth waiting for, no matter the cost.  It called for faith not sight.
I have learned that no matter how much or what I need to relinquish, the return is so much richer than what I wanted to cling to in the first place.
My God set the example by giving His one and only Son.  In that light I will entrust everything and everyone to Him.  If I cling it hinders His work.
Any clinging will be to Him alone.

"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known."

No comments:

Post a Comment