Saturday, February 5, 2011

Accusations

Matthew made a comment at dinner last night that got me to thinking.  He said that there is a part of my life that is shrouded in mystery, a part that is unknown to my sons.  He had seen a picture of me at one of my sister's homes that stirred up some curiosity regarding who his mother was all those years ago.

How much do we need to share with our children, or even our mate? 
How much is wise to share? 
How much is even healthy to share for any relationship?
Do we need to open up about all of it?

Some reading this may not have anything that would cause them major embarrassment or shame if brought to light.  Others quickly relate to what I am saying.  The thought of exposure causes great discomfort.  The enemy makes certain of that.

These thoughts were in the forefront of my mind when I awoke this morning. 
Papa knew they would be.

As you know, I am working my way through the book of Hebrews this month.  Well, the reading this morning was in the second half of the second chapter and what do you think that I found there?
"For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren..."
Did you catch those two powerful words? 
NOT ASHAMED! 
He is not ashamed to say, "Yes, Debbie is part of My family, as a matter of fact, she is My sister!"

Now this is not just anybody saying this. 
This is not someone who doesn't know all about me! 
No, this is the One Who knows it all!!!! 
Down to every last detail. 
There is nothing left in the shadows; there is no mystery as far as He is concerned.

Well, as we can read in the eighth chapter of Romans, "What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who is against us?"
Even if others were to judge me, I am accepted in the Beloved. 
There I rest.

When my relationship with Jesus was brand new, the enemy would throw stuff in my face quite often.  In the midst of happy thoughts one would suddenly appear, as a reminder of some foolish choice I had made in the past.  Immediately I would cringe inside and be brought down.
Papa taught me to turn it around by thanking Jesus for dying for that sin too.

These days the enemy has to be a bit more subtle.
However, my God is always ready to expose the lie that surrounds the accusation.
You see, whatever sin the enemy attempts to lay at my feet ends up being laid at the foot of the Cross.  No matter how much he accuses me of, Jesus reminds the Father that He has paid the price.
Oh, such love!  Oh, such mercy!  How He causes my heart to sing!

All my sins are put as far as east is from west.  Please note that east and west never meet!
Though they are washed away by His sacrifice, but He still uses them.
I will share anything with anyone, but I will not share everything with everyone.  Until the Spirit's direction I have been able to relate with others in their struggles because of my past.
He is the Redeemer and that means that nothing goes to waste!
What a privilege to be His.  What a joy to not only be redeemed, but have my past redeemed too!

No more shame for this girl.
Now Papa how do I respond to my son's unasked question?

No comments:

Post a Comment