Wednesday, January 16, 2013

True Satisfaction!

Okay let's see if I can get it right this time!
Yesterday's comments were for day seven, which I am sure my readers figured out.
So today I will focus on Day Eight, which is the eight maids not swans!

Today I feel a great urgency to proclaim the passage from Isaiah Fifty-Five, which we had reflected on that eighth day.
"Ho!  Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat.  Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy?  Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance.  Incline your ear and come to Me.  Listen, that you may live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, according to the faithful mercies shown to David."
So many need to hear the Good News that they can come empty handed to our True Love!

This morning our youngest, Tim found a friend dead from a drug overdose.
That precious soul needed to discover the offer, but struggled with the many lies that the enemy of his soul kept throwing at him and never could grasp that the offer was for him.
He didn't understand that he could find real satisfaction in the Living God.

I meet many like him as I volunteer at a local rehab.
Though I cannot proclaim the love of our dear Papa directly, I have found that unconditional love does the trick!  What could be more direct than love?!

His love is drawing a number of them to ask questions and seek Him for themselves.
What a joy to watch this happening!

One guy, who has been in and out of programs told me with shining eyes that he has realized that God is who has been missing from all his attempts at recovery.
He has admitted his thirst and come to the Living Water and has tasted and seen that the LORD is good!
He is finding Him very satisfying!

How grateful I am that Jesus drew me to Himself and now gives me the privilege of sharing Him with others!
That is true satisfaction!

I am also grateful that this mother's heart can rest in the fact that our son has drunk deeply of the Living Water and that God will use this very difficult experience for good in his life.
Many will learn of the One who satisfies our every longing!

Praise His Glorious Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment