Saturday, January 12, 2013

Answering Songs of Love

Reading through the post that addressed Day four and the fact that our True Love expresses His love in song I came to the question I posed,
"What song are we singing to our True Love?
It is my desire for my life to be a sweet sound in my Savior's ears, but I do not always achieve that goal.
Today my song probably sounded like an orchestrate trying to tune their instruments; sometimes hitting a few lovely sounding notes, but often hitting many off key!

Some days I cannot get passed the fact that my husband is no longer the man he was and it can cause me to be just a little bit cranky...

Until Papa gets my attention and helps me to reflect on Him and all that comes with being able to call Him my Savior.

The passage we meditated on for Day four, which is found in Psalm 59 says it well,
"But as for me, I shall sing of Your loving kindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold, and a refuge in the day of my distress.  O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me loving kindness."
When I remember His great love for me, in the morning or as today in the mid-afternoon (!), it does stir a song in my heart.
My God's love surrounds me and offers me strength and a place of refuge in the midst of my distress.

I had written someone earlier today that Ray's and my life is different, but our God has not changed.
Isn't interesting that we can say that and truly believe it, but then plummet into a pit of despair?
Ah, the human condition!

What is of great comfort is the fact that because my God truly does not change, He reaches into that pit and lifts me out time and again!

He is my strength and I do sing His praises!

Each time He, the lifter of my head, draws me back, song pours forth from my heart in answer to His song of love!


No comments:

Post a Comment