Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shall We Dance?


The Word of God is such a blessing to my heart and I hope that you can say the same.
As the Spirit breathes into the words on the printed page they come to life!
Then we find refreshment as it draws us ever nearer to Our True Love.

When we take the time to truly reflect on what we are reading, our soul cannot help but be stirred by it.

Sometimes I am stirred to be still, as I am reminded of Who it is that has to do with me!
This reminds me of the Forty-Sixth chapter of the Psalms where it tells us in its Tenth verse,
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
At other times I  have such a sweet sense of peace and joy that causes me to savor His Presence knowing that He is with me at all moments.  Hebrews reminds us of that,
"For He Himself said, "I will never desert you nor will I forsake you."
Then there are the moments when I want to shout for all to hear!
And at such times, I want to join the Nine Dancing Ladies because you just need to express your joy!

Psalm One Hundred has that effect.
"Shout to the LORD, all the earth.  Serve the LORD with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing.  Know that the LORD Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His Name.  For the LORD is good; His loving kindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations."

This chapter reminds us of Who He is and  how He cares for us.

We are His and just as a shepherd takes great care of his sheep, so does our Great Shepherd!
That care and love is for eternity!

Now don't you just want to join me and dance??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment