Friday, January 4, 2013

Hilariously in Love

Just arrived in West Virginia and want to post this before the rest of the family arrives!
So let's take a look at that tenth day together...

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me Ten lords a-leaping,

Lords a leaping?  Can leaping be Scriptural?  Oh yes!

In Psalm 18 King David wrote,

            “By my God I can leap over a wall.”

Then we have the lame man who is healed in the 3rd chapter of Acts,
“And with a leap, he stood upright and began to walk; and he entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.”
What a scene!  
It is one that our True Love would love to see written into the story of our life.  
Certainly He has brought blessing to us that merits a few leaps!

Leaping is a sign of joy and even hilarity.

What could the significance of ten lords be?  
I wonder if our True Love uses the number ten to signify completeness.  
His Law was a set of Ten Commandments and they were all the rules needed to live right.  
So in this case could it be that the leaping is due to how completely He has met us and our needs?  
Works for me!

Time to read and meditate on Psalm 18:30-36!  A number of years ago I memorized this Psalm.  I found it exhilarating!  Try it!
"As for God, His way is blameless; the Word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him, For who is God, but the LORD?  And who is a rock, except our God, the God who girds me with strength, and makes my way blameless?  He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places.  He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand upholds me; and Your gentleness makes me great.  You do enlarge my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped."

“Listen! My beloved!  Behold he is coming, climbing on the mountains, leaping on the hills!”  Song of Solomon 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment