Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Being Loved into His Image


This morning I was listening to a message given by Francis Frangipane, who I could listen to for the rest of my days.  Not only is his voice very soothing to my ear, but his words refresh my soul.
Papa had a particular message for me.

I have not felt like myself as of late; unmotivated and very tired.
It has left me feeling a bit disconnected from my LORD and wondering if I would ever get my energy back, both physically and spiritually.

Francis was addressing the LORD's purpose behind allowing trials and temptations into our lives.
He had us read Romans, Chapter Eight, verses Twenty-eight and Twenty-nine.
"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.  For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed tot he image of His Son, that He might be the first=born among many brethren."
He then made the application: The purpose of the trials and temptations is to conform us to His image.
He is about shaping us into His image!
At this point Papa seemed to whisper to my heart that this is what is going on with me, so I can rest in this confidence!
It gives me an entirely different attitude!
I do not have to fight it or question myself, but simply look to Him and res tin Him.
Such a gracious, loving God!

This makes me think of Day Seven's gifts of seven swans a-swimming and how they reflect His faithful, gracious love!

When I read our mediation from First John my heart rejoiced, as it does once again!
"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are.  For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.  Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be.  We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is.  And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

His love is the motivating factor in making us His children, His beloved children.
One day we will find out all that means, but we do know that we will be just like Him.

If we truly believe this and keep this truth before us, then we will seek to become more and more like Him now.
That means that we will trust Him and rest in Him even when we do not understand what and why right now.

We have a True Love who has loved us before we even took a breathe.
And that love is shaping us into His very image!

No comments:

Post a Comment