Sunday, January 20, 2013

Much to Rejoice Over!

Yesterday got away from me and so I apologize to anyone who visited this site looking for comments regarding Day Eleven.  I knew there was something else I meant to do!  Though I don't know when I would have gotten to it!

Well, on Day Eleven the pipers joined the crowd and caused us to look at the act of rejoicing, especially that we are free from judgment!
Our meditation was on a few verses in the Second chapter of Philippians,
"Rejoice in the LORD always; again I will say, rejoice!  Let your fore bearing spirit be known to all men.  The LORD is near.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.  The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you."
As I thought about what these verse had to say to me I found more reason to rejoice.

Our God is near.
He is not afar off, but so very close; sticking closer than a brother!

We have the privilege of prayer and those prayers are directed to the King of Kings and LORD of Lords!!
Thus we can rest that He is able and willing to tend to our concerns.

His peace, which is beyond description or understanding is ours and is our protection!

The more that we take time to focus on things that fit the description found in verse eight of being true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent and praise worthy, the more we will find to rejoice over!!

As we walk this walk will find that we are not alone.  Jesus, our Savior is with us, guiding and protecting.

What glorious truth!  What a joy!
Join me in rejoicing before Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment