Friday, January 18, 2013

Leaping for Joy


Ever get so excited that you feel like leaping for joy?
It should be a common occurrence for those of us who are in a relationship with the Living God.
Honestly.
However, it takes more than claiming Him as Savior.

Oh, certainly in the beginning of our walk with Him it is pretty easy to rejoice over Him and what He has done for us.
Yet, in time we get comfortable with this treasure and life settles down to a steady pace.
Many times it takes the trials of life to wake us up to our need to continue to pursue our Savior.
It comes with being human, I think.

Apart from the challenges of life there is another way to keep and increase that joy fresh.
Seek Him!
That means we are spending time in His Word relying upon His Spirit to speak to our hearts.
Then the truth that is revealed needs to be applied to our lives.
None of this is news to those of us who are called by His Name.
Still we need to be reminded.
I know I do and I also need to be reminded of His desire to make us a reflection of His Glory.

The process takes time and commitment.
Our LORD is committed, but are we?

If we take the time to truly meditate on His Word and what it reveals about Him we will find our hearts stirred to greater commitment!

King David made it a habit of doing just that, as we see over and over in the Psalms that he penned.  
All prayers to his God.

We meditated on some of his words on Day Ten, which are found in Psalm Eighteen.
"As for God, His way is blameless; the Word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him, For who is God, but the LORD?  And who is a rock, except our God, the God who girds me with strength, and makes my way blameless?  He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and sets me upon my high places.  He trains my hands for battle, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.  You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand upholds me; and Your gentleness makes me great.  You do enlarge my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped."
These words proclaim our God as One whose way is blameless.
No fault will ever be found in the path He calls us to join Him on.

They also speak of His Word being tried.  That is a picture of gold being tested to be pure.
His Word is pure gold!

We find refuge and protection in Him.  No other is a rock in comparison to Him.
This Rock makes strength available to us, as well as confidence in walking the path He sets us on!

He is always calling us up higher and actually loves to set us there!

The battles are sure to come, but He equips us.  You see we are on the winning side!

David also reminds us that our God is tender in His love.  As He protects, He is shaping us into all He intends us to be!  And in Him we have sure footing!
In this world, no matter what comes, we can walk in joyful victory with Him!

Such Good News makes me want to leap!
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment