Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thoughts to Carry Us Through

"Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life."  Oswald Chambers.
That is the first thing that Papa spoke to me this morning.
Ray and I are heading out on our trip to West Virginia, by way of Pennsylvania shortly.  I had no intention of posting to this blog this morning, but feel compelled to do so.

There are many concerns on my heart this morning.
A friend who is struggling with her relationship with our Papa.
One of my closest friends, a kindred-heart is dealing with one heal issue after another.
Our grandson has declared himself an atheist on Face Book; coupled with that he is romanticizing the drug scene.  Goes hand-in-hand, doesn't it....
My sister, Chris' grief is as fresh as ever.

Those are just the top four that are breaking my heart at the moment.

Papa spoke again.
"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted...."  Psalm Thirty-four, the beginning of verse eighteen.
I have peace.   The Heart of my God breaks with me.  Yet, He is not wringing His Hands, but reaching out to touch each heart. 

His Word encourages me, as it is meant to do.
"For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."  Romans Fifteen, verse four.
I have hope.

In David Jeremiah's "Sanctuary" he spoke of meekness.  As I read his words, a fresh definition came to me.  Meekness means there is no need to scrap over the things of life.  I do not need to wring my hands, because it is all in the hands of my loving Papa!

I will continue to "pray without ceasing."  Prayer is the life.  Prayer is a continual conversation with the One who is always listening and answering.  He answers every prayer, in His time and in His perfect way.
To His Be All the Glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment