Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Pupil of His Eye

A few of us sat before the LORD on Saturday morning for an extended time of prayer.
We worshipped Him marvelling over His faithfulness and care of us.
At one point, I thanked Him for His watchful care; that we are never out of His sight.
With those words fresh from my lips, the Holy Spirit brought to mind a verse from The Seventeenth Psalm,
"Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings."
The apple of the eye is its pupil, which I knew, so it stirred an old, old memory.

When I was a very little girl, I was known to look deeply into my grandpa's eyes and exclaim,
"I see me in your eyes!"
What joy bubbled up in my heart over the realization that if I could physically look into the eyes of my God, I would see me!  That is how focused He is on me!!
That is how focused He is on you!!

Psalm One Hundred and Thirty-Nine tells us that..
"You are intimately acquainted with all my ways."
Nothing escapes His notice!

Out of love, His great love He watches over us intently, yet we read in Habakkuk One, Thirteen,
"You are too pure to look at evil, and You cannot look on wickedness with favor."
A dilemma, if you will, for our God!
A solution was set into motion...
A Sacrifice was made....

Enter Jesus!

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, which He lavished upon us."

Oswald Chambers said that the forgiveness of our sin came at a great cost to our God and to grasp that is to be constrained by the love of God....
Just where He wants us...
In His loving embrace!

So as you look to Him, look closely and maybe you will catch a glimpse of you in His eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment