Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Divine Designs

Papa has given me a few things to chew on this week through the words of Oswald Chambers.

"It requires the culture of spiritual discipline to see God in every detail."
"Be ready to discover the divine designs everywhere!"
"There is something amazingly humbling, particularly to our religious conceit, in being loyal to God."
What a gift to be able to recognize the Hand of our God in all the moments of our life.
We need to know what that Hand looks like to be able to recognize it.
To cultivate that does take discipline.

Get to know Him.
More and more.
It takes time and focus.
As our relationship deepens, so will our eyesight.

Not only will we notice His Hand, but we will begin to connect the dots and see that there is a design to all of it.
He is the Master Designer!

Ah yes, religious conceit...

Oh, I am so spiritual...

I read my Bible and am well versed.
I pray.  My prayers cover many people and situations.
I attend church regularly!  Besides that I am on committees and am involved in ministry!
And do you know how long I have been a Christian??

Lovely. 
Yet, in all that we can be disloyal to Him.

In Matthew Sixteen, verse twenty-four we read,
"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.'"
Following Him gets messy.
It takes you beyond the church walls.
It requires you to live what you have read in the Scriptures.
And your prayers get taken over by His Spirit, which means praying will never be the same!
Life will never be the same.

To which I say Hallelujah and Glory!!

So does Jim Cymbala.
My bible study group has been using his study entitled "When God's People Pray."
The man is anointed and Papa has been using this study to speak to our hearts.

I am so amazed by my wonderful Savior.   When He wants to make a point, He pulls all the stops out!
The study on prayer has simply underscored everything else He has been saying to me.

He threw some music into the mix too.

At the retreat that I attended recently someone brought in a CD by David Kauffman.  It's title is "Surrender."

I borrowed the CD and cannot get enough. 
Each and every song ministers to my heart.

You see, as we open up our hearts and lives to this Amazing God, He ministers to us in love.
Wrapped up in all that divine love how can you do anything but be a loyal follower.

The Hand of the Almighty God continues to fashion unique designs for those who loyally follow to discover.

What treasures await us!



No comments:

Post a Comment