Saturday, July 2, 2011

Relating

At some point in our lives we wonder what life is all about.
I believe the answer is found in one word.
Relationships.

What is the worth of life apart from relationships?

I am a people person.  I enjoy  people.  Over the years I have been engaged in a few jobs that kept me isolated from people.  It was not worth it for me.
Yet, I am not thrilled with large groups.  It is the face-to-face, relationship building experiences that work for me.

Of course, not everyone enjoys being around people.  Some thrive working, et cetera, by themselves.  However, at some point, they need to connect with a human being or two.
We are designed for relationship.

Our Creator models that in the Godhead.  The three persons of God are in relationship with one another.  And this mysterious, extraordinary God pursues relationship with each one of us.

The importance of relationship was inferred in my posting of yesterday.
To love is to relate.

Love is the purpose.  Even when I withdraw from others to recharge, it is out of love. 
I don't want to get cranky!  It isn't very pretty!

My God never needs to recharge, thus He never withdraws.  Papa is always active in my life to enrich our relationship.

I read something by Max Lucado this morning about seeking constant communion with God.
This brought me back to the idea of Him being Omnipresent.

He is in each moment of every day.  When I am aware of this fact, then the most ordinary, commonplace parts of my day can be transformed into the uncommon.  My every moment becomes pregnant with possibilities!

I will end with the last verse found in Psalm Sixteen;
"You will make known to me the path of life; in Your Presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment