Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good or Glory?

"What about the good person?"
Many a person has presented this question in response to my mention of every one's need of a Savior. 

Well, what about the good person?

Paul addressed this in the Second chapter of Romans.  I am quoting from "The Message," as it puts it very well:

" When outsiders who have never heard of God's law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience.  They show that God's law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation.  There is something deep within them that echoes God's yes and no, right and wrong."

Simply put, we are designed to do good.  It is the sin nature that throws us off our God-given track.  It is Jesus that makes it possible for us to get back on that track.  The track that leads to eternal life.

The fact is that a time will come when what track we chose is revealed.   Paul explains that in the rest of the paragraph from Romans.
"Their response to God's yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes His final decision about every man and woman."
So being good is not enough.  We need to be perfect.  Anybody out there that has reached perfection?
Even if there was someone the fact still remains of past sins.  How to atone for them? 
You might take care of a few, but in reality there are just too many.  Besides sometimes we are oblivious that we even sinned!  What do you do about those??

Jesus makes the whole difference!  His sacrifice covers all of our sin.  Praise His Beautiful Name!!

Another question that I am asked is,
"How do you know for certain?"
It is a gift.  A gift of faith.

In the First chapter of Colossians, the twenty-seventh verse we can read,
"...Christ in you, the hope of glory." 
Because my relationship with my Savior is an intimate, personal one I have the assurance within me; the assurance that I am on the right track - the track to glory! 
Because His Spirit lives within I am confident of the future.  I am also confident of the now.

This faith gives me the confidence to be sure of the things I am hoping for, knowing they are real, even if unseen, at the moment.
That is what Hebrews Eleven, One tells us;
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
Some may be able to live a good life apart from Jesus.  I know I would never be able to keep it up on my own, but some may.  Not perfect, of course, but good.
However, life on this planet does end and without Jesus life ends for eternity. 

With Jesus, Oh Glory!!  Truly, glory, for He shares His Glory with us!

I told someone recently that if I could go back thirty-two years and not choose Jesus in exchange for a guaranteed good life, I wouldn't.  I would choose Jesus every time!
When we begin a relationship with Him, we begin a glorious adventure.  One where we get to know Him more fully along the way.

Let's see a good life?  Or a glorious life without end?

I choose glory!!  And with that I get the good life too!!
All Praise to Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment