Monday, July 4, 2011

Raining Grace!

"Hallelujah!  Grace like rain falls down on me!"
This line from the song "Grace Like Rain" sung by Todd Agnew was the first conscious thought that I had today.
It stayed with me throughout my day.
Just like grace does. 

Grace rains down on me!

Beautiful Savior...
His constant Presence...
which brings joy...
and peace...
and help...
and guidance...
Loving family...
and friends...

None of which did I earn, nor deserve.

"And all my stains are washed away....
they're washed away"
That's the rest of the chorus

Max Lucado commenting on the topic of grace said,
"Seems that God is looking more for ways to get us home, than for ways to keep us out."
Grace is unmerited favor.  God loves us no matter what.  He desires an intimate relationship with each one of us.  For eternity.

Job recognized this truth and we find his words in the twelfth verse of the tenth chapter of the book by his name.
"You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your care you watched over me."
Today was one of those days where I was acutely aware of being enveloped in Papa's grace. 
Like a baby in a womb.
The most amazing womb, a place of safety, yet brimming with unlimited possibilities!

His grace allows me to bring Him all my burdens and heartaches and leave them there.
It assures me that I am treasured; that I am of such great value to my God. 
So valuable that His Son died so I could be part of His Kingdom for ever!

Yesterday we spent time with extended family, as well as many of their friends.
Often Papa uses my time with others to reveals things that He would have me focus on in prayer.
He helped me see how many are struggling in pain; so many are wandering seeking something to satisfy.

Each week I spend time at the drug/alcohol rehab and Papa is faithful to help me see who needs added attention and how to pray for them.

I pray His grace to become real to each and every one whether it be my friends at the rehab, my family or any others that cross my path.  That includes the readers of these words!  That is His desire also.

He calls to any who are hungry to come and be fed; to those who are thirsty to come and drink.  He satisfies as nothing else can or will.
His grace makes the whole difference.

His grace is being poured out continually. 
Tilt back your head, look up and let it rain down on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment