Sunday, December 18, 2011

Tidy no more

My sanctuary has been commandered by the season!
The glow that held such a sweet, serene invitation has now been cast over a chaotic scene.  Bags and boxes with ribbons scattered amongst them have been residing in piles throughout the room. 
Not very appealing.

The treasured, formerly tidy, desk was lost amidst receipts and scrapes of paper.
Lists upon lists.
Even my laptop's desktop has its version of sticky notes in great number.

Sigh............

I have spent the past couple of hours trying to regain some modicum of order.

All the gifts for my rehab friends are now in their gift bags.
Receipts have been duly noted in the appropriate Excel program.
Next will be to sort through all the miscellaneous papers, as well as finalizing the list for what needs to be accomplished on Monday.

The dinner for my friends is shaping up. 
By God's grace.
He knows that I am not a detail person, so He makes certain that the necessary reminders come my way.  Sometimes they are not so much reminders, but informers.  Informing me of what hadn't even occurred to me!

Papa has also surrounded me with wonderful people who willingly step up to fill the many roles that need filling.

This is one of the great blessings of being about His business, in His time and in His way.

The dinner is not something that we thought up just to be nice.
No, it is a God thing.  It is His idea and when something is His idea you know that He will make sure that it is accomplished.
I believe all of Heaven is lending itself to making sure this dinner is a great blessing for each and every guest.
And not only the guests, but all who take part in anyway.

Yes, I know that the blessings of joining Papa in whatever He is doing far outweigh anything anyone could put into serving Him.

Doing anything for Him, as if it were directly to Him, gives great blessing in itself.
In Matthew Twenty-Five Jesus said that what we do to even the least, we are, in essence, doing to Him.
Isn't that wonderful?!

It is my hope that one day, when I see Him face-to-face, I will hear Him say:
"Well done, good and faithful servant....enter into the joy of your master."
For that I will live with the clutter and chaos a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment