Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Divine Intimacy

The pictures that Papa draws for me are captivating.  They often translate into a posting to this blog.

On Wednesday mornings a number of us gather to pray for the ministry of ACTS4.
Our thoughts this morning were exploring the depths of Papa's love for us, which translated into praise.
The words were flowing out of hearts of gratitude.

While we were lost in the wonder of His Loving Presence it was as if He unfurled a banner that filled my mind and quickly enveloped my heart and senses.

The picture was of the Father and Son interacting.
One glance between them spoke volumes.
There was a sense of how deeply and fully they understood one another; of how completely they loved one another.
Their relationship is one of total intimacy and love.
The Spirit wove their hearts together.

They filled my vision.
My heart was full.
The fragrance of their love filled the air.
Joy inhabited the silence.
I had a sense of connection, as if I could touch them.

In an instance I saw how Jesus could willingly leave the glory of Heaven to do His Father's bidding here on earth.  It was both the Father's and the Son's desire that flowed through the Spirit from their intimate union.

The scene stirred up a great desire to enjoy such a relationship with my God and Savior.
That is His desire too.
It is why He came.  To bridge the gap and make the way for us back to our God.  In Romans chapter Five, Paul puts it this way,
"For if while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.  And not only this, but we also exult in God through our LORD Jesus Christ, through whom we have now receive the reconciliation."
In the Seventeenth chapter of John we read Jesus words, as He prayed to the Father,
"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
The Almighty God wants us to know Him.  Really know Him.  Intimately.

This evening my friend, Laura called to tell me to turn on my radio.  A woman author was speaking and my friend thought I would benefit from her words.

I did not learn the woman's name nor the exact title of her book, but her words were for me.
They were the follow-up for what Papa revealed to me earlier today.

How easy it is to be moved and then the world comes rushing in, pushing aside that which is of infinitely greater value!

Someone had challenged the writer to make a list of a thousand things she could be grateful for instead of focusing on the long list of all that she needed to do for the holidays.
She did and as the list grew she realized how greatly she was blessed.

A comment she made during the radio interview spoke to me.  Actually it was Papa telling me to pay attention and follow through on what He stirred up this morning.

The speaker said that all that comes our way, creation, relationships, struggles, blessings, they are all intended to enhance our relationship with Papa.  In other words, deepen the intimacy of our relationship.
He desires us to be satisfied in Him alone.
Yet we, like the couple in the garden of Eden, seek something else to satisfy us.
Nothing ever does. 
Not really.
Certainly not for long.

I get brief glimpses of this divine intimacy.
It is not Papa who holds back, but it is me who flits off in pursuit of something that will never satisfy.
Only He can fill that longing to know and be known.

Oh Papa to know You so well that there would be no hesitation to do your bidding, but an eager obedience out of a desire to please my Beloved.

I long to join my voice and heart with the Shulamite in Song of Songs....
"I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine."






No comments:

Post a Comment