Thursday, October 27, 2011

Enough Grace

The words to a song sung by Chris Tomlin have been bouncing around in my head and heart all morning....
Your Grace is enough, your grace is enough, your grace is enough for me!

With that tune playing I turned to my daily reading.
It was Psalm One Hundred and Twenty-Seven.
I am going to share it here in its entirity, which is only five verses.
Then I will let you know what Papa revealed to me through these words.

"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman keeps awake in vain.  It is vain for you to rise up early, to retire late, to eat the bread of painful labors; for He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.  Behold children are a gift of the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth.  How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;  they shall not be ashamed, when they speak with their enemies in the gate."
Such a picture of grace at work!

Here is Papa's reminder that He is the one who truly builds our home.  His Presence makes the difference.

Matthew resumed his walk with Jesus the day he pulled into a church parking lot in California.  He had been invited countless times by friends and coworkers and had finally relented.
He called me after the service.  He told me that as he parked, he became acutely aware that God was Present.  Matt ran into His arms.

It is my desire for my home to be so filled with my God's Presence that no one can miss it.  This morning I told Papa that I not only want Him to feel comfortable in every nook and cranny of this place, but I long for His Manifest Presence.
May those who enter my home be aware of and drawn into His gracious arms!

Papa is the One who will guard my home and supply.  I need but look to Him and His Hand!
Staying up all night won't cut it!
He desires to bless and provide while I rest in Him and His provision.
He provides all I need and more!

As far as children...
Well, being a mom is one of my favorite things.  Truly it is a great blessing to be the mother of four sons. 
And He has added to the number of my children with two lovely daughter-in-laws, two dear grandchildren and a precious great-grandbaby!
I am confident He is not done.
Prayers continue for the other two future daughters and many (I hope) future grandchildren!

This brought to mind how many do not treasure their children.  The other day someone told me that when she meets young couples she always tells them that children are optional.  If they love their lives, don't upset the apple cart!
This thinking does not sit well with me....
Yes, if couples do not want children, then by all means don't have any.  It is a very sad thing for a child not to be wanted...

However!
For many it is a joy to parent children.  I am not saying it is easy, but it does reap great rewards!

Homes, families, livelihoods all can be sources of blessing, if we look to His Hand to dispense the grace that He holds in that Hand...

Yes, His Grace is enough for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment