Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Restored!!

Here I sit in the computer room at my mother-in-law's retirement home wondering if anyone has noticed my silence these past six days. 
I know I have!

This past Saturday marked the demise of my laptop. 
Gasp!!  I have been disconnected!
I have been remarkably calm about it.

It is strange.  I am acutely aware of my loss, yet at peace with it.  It makes me think of the line in the Serenity Prayer about accepting the things you cannot change.  I guess that is what I am doing.

Words have been piling up for days, which has driven me to pad and pen.  That is my least favorite way of marking my words. 
My handwriting reflects that fact. 
Often I cannot even read what I have written, yet the very act of writing seems to cement it in my memory.

Papa takes all the details of our lives and weaves them into His beautiful plan for His children....

This lack of technology has opened the door for a little fresh air to blow through and clear a few cobwebs.

How long had it been since I had so little to occupy my day?

I had desired to have some down-time on this trip and Papa has given me an abundance of it!
In this disconnect the connection with my own self has been restored.  I hadn't realized how I had let who the real Debbie is slip away in the busyness of daily life and all the relationships that come with it.  My computer is beyond restoration, but I am glad that I am not!
Papa's gentle voice has whispered to my heart; He reminds me of who He knows I am and I am refreshed!

Over the next few days I will be sharing much from my pile of words.
For now I will close with an encouragement for each reader to step away from their computer and the busyness of life to be reminded of who they are in Papa's eyes!
"He restores my soul...."




No comments:

Post a Comment