Thursday, September 15, 2011

Marvelous MRI!

People have said that God seems to show up in the most unlikely places.
Why is it that we do not expect to encounter Him at every turn?
After all He is everywhere....

The Message puts David's words from Psalm One Hundred and Thirty-Nine this way:
"Is there anyplace I can go to avoid Your Spirit? 
To be out of Your sight? 
If I climb to the sky, you're there!
If I go underground, You're there!
If I flew on morning's wings
to the far western horizon,
You'd find me in a minute-
You're already there waiting!"
I love being surprised by the reminder of His Presence when I least expect it!
This happened just the other day...
and it has set my renewal into motion!

Arriving a little late for the scheduled MRI I rushed to get ready for the test.
The technician was not pleased that we were beginning late.  She did relax when she realized that I had encountered the same traffic holdup, as she had earlier, due to a truck's accident.

By the time I was lieing down ready to be slid into the machine, both of us were more relaxed.
How could we not?  Papa's Presence filled the place!

When you are having an MRI they place headphones on you for two reasons. 
First to muffle the noise of the machine with a little music and secondly so the tech can communicate with you.

It was supposedly easy-listening music. 
Not a genre I would have chosen.

I am easily distracted by sound.  It is difficult for me to ignore the words to music that might be playing.
But as I lay there, closing my eyes I sensed my Beautiful God so near and determined to let nothing distract me from Him....

Music often is a vehicle to worship for me.
How could I use this music?
Papa seemed to whisper to my soul, "Turn it to Me."

As each song played I did just that...

He is the One I would run to...He is the only One who could meet my needs...
Jesus is my heart's desire...
Time with Him is what I seek...
On and on the songs went and each one lent themselves to be addressed to my God.

At one point the tech's computer went down.
Too bad...:)
It just meant more time one-on-one with Papa!

From start to finish Papa and I had one whole hour together!
There was nothing to distract me, once we had the music handled....
Nothing pressing to be done...I wasn't even suppose to move!
What a gift!

To quote David again, this time from Psalm Sixteen:
"In Your Presence is fulness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment