Thursday, May 27, 2010

I timed my visit today so that I would be there for Ray's speech therapy. Guess what my reward was? I heard my honey speak! It brought tears to my eyes and even more so because of what he said. "Hi, take me home....Please!! If I could, I certainly would!!
His therapist, Deidre was so pleased and informed him that he is a miracle!! Imagine that!!!! He certainly has come a long way in six weeks. Our God is so gracious!
Deidre is working on getting Ray adjusted to the speech valve. Right now he can only use it for very short periods of time, as he gets very tired. He doesn't get as much air through the trach when the valve is on and he has become accustomed to breathing through it.
She is also working on swallowing. A few ice chips were welcomed by Ray, but left him coughing. Next week he is scheduled for a barium swallow. This will check his throat and make sure it is not swollen or blocked in any way.
His OT and PT were cut short. The goal for today was to get Ray to sit up on the edge of a platform. Positioning him there caused his blood pressure to drop. Before his accident he needed meds to keep it down, now it is just the opposite.
Once he can sit comfortably the next step with be to help him adjust to being upright. There is a special chair for this. Once a person is seated it begins to straighten them into a standing position. It is amazing to see all the equipment that is available to help someone in their rehabilitation! Papa has made some very creative people whose ideas become practical appartatus that is used to bless so many.
Many have written to say that they are amazed by my faith. It is extraordinary in that it comes from God, but as for me, I am ordinary. Faith is a gift and it is available to all who would have it. He says that if we seek Him with all our hearts, we will find Him.
For a long time I thought I had to do it all myself. Admit I was weak? Forget it! That would make me vulnerable. Little did I realize, but I was vulnerable and weak. We all are.
I have learned that in my weakness and vulnerability His strength shines.
This morning He gave me 2 Timothy 1:7 and 12. "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and sound judgment." "For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day."
Yes, I know all that I have trusted Him with is safe; my husband, family and including me are in Good Hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment