Monday, May 24, 2010

I am feeling very selfish at the moment. I miss my husband and all that means!! There is the companionship; Saturday date nights, at the moment, are boring! There was never a lack of things to talk about. Now these one-sided conversations don't last very long. I certainly can't tell him that the lawn needs tending or that the lumber for the screens is strewn about his garage..and wouldn't he love to see the splinters of wood and sawdust that cover part of our driveway.. Honey you should see the lovely streaks on the house; you see our son started to powerwash, but ran out of time....He is working six and seven days a week..Oh it'll all get done, don't you worry! (Matt is coming!!) Then there was the mess up by his "favorite" teller at the bank....or how about the confusion with disability that had to be straightened out?! Dear, want to hear what our errant granddaughter is up to these days?? Oh no, I stick to cheery items and smile.
All of this will pass, just like the neighbors dog who won't stop barking and their kid who is riding his four-wheeler, sans any muffler, up and down the road!!
Did you think I couldn't rant or pout? Well, anyway, I am over my hissie fit! It felt good to spew. Thank you!!
I do think I caught it from Ray today. We are one, you know! He was not well-pleased.
He has a way of setting his jaw that goes along with a certain look in his eyes that says "I am extremely annoyed! When I arrived that particular look greeted me. It seems to me that he is much more aware and he isn't liking what he is becoming aware of!
There wasn't much connection today. He simply wanted a shave, a drink and the miserable neck brace off! And to get out of that chair!! That is where he was stuck. He was very tired from therapy and sitting in the wheelchair for a few hours. My poor dear. I prayed with him and read the devotional, but don't think he really was able to concentrate. It is such a comfort to know that our Gracious God never has a problem concentrating on us!
When the nurses moved him, Ray looked so relieved to be put to bed and fell to sleep shortly afterward. I listened to his steady, deep breathing for a little bit, kissed him and left for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment