Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where Do I Rent a Mongoose?

Well, it's official; China is off the itinerary. However, my friends, Don and Lynne Picker, who I was to visit are not! It turns out that they will be in Thailand during my last two weeks and we are going to meet. It seems that they have a conference they need to attend in Hua Hin. I will be in Pattaya, Jomtien Beach and it will not be too difficult to connect. I will not, obviously, be able to see their ministry, but I can at least encourage them. Don and I met many years ago, but Lynne and I have never met in person. We have developed a friendship via Skype. Technology has some great attributes!
On a different note I am sitting on the edge of my seat ready to jump while writing this. Additionally, there are many lights on along with the television, which I have no idea what is being said. All of this is due to my latest adventure. It seems that I encountered a snake in the bathroom! Many of you know how I feel about these creatures. Not warm and fuzzy to be certain! I don't think it was a full foot long, but I ran and got my friends. In retrospect I probably should have just beat it to death myself, because when we return it was no longer visible. How lovely. There goes a good nights sleep!!
How did it enter my little nest? Most likely via a drain. There is a young wife of one of the students who earns money by doing some housekeeping. After she cleaned yesterday, she did not put the screen back on the drain. I had no idea just how important that is or you can be sure I would have taken care of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment