Monday, May 28, 2012

Glory! Glory!

This is one glorious day!  My heart is encountering one blessing after another!

The beautiful weather enticed me to a nice long walk this morning.  Just Papa and I. 

I sensed His pleasure while reveling in the beauty of His creation.  How gracious of Him to use colors that refresh our souls! 

My eyes and very spirit drank in the sights and sounds.

Blue, blue sky…

Lazy birds, sated by a lovely breakfast, just riding the air currents and then alighting on a choice branch to warble out a tune to the One who does not overlook a one of them.

The green of trees and bushes, that were not shy to show off how beautifully they were made, reaching up in thanksgiving to their Maker.

The ponds teeming with life, populated with bullfrogs that were joyfully celebrating being alive.

During the walk there were snatches of time when the only sounds were from nature.  Ah….

All these blessings and more in our broken world.  Imagine when Jesus returns and sets things aright?!

I am nearing the end of Greg Asimakoupoulos’ book, Prayers from my Pencil.  His offerings are to be savored so each day I read just one.

The one I read today is entitled, Ride On, Victorious Jesus!  I love the picture he drew with his words and want to share it here.
“In the story of the ages,
The King of Kings and Lord of Lords
Gallops toward the end of time
With majesty and glory.
No longer saddled on a borrowed burro,
He speeds His way on a snow-white steed.
Freed from Death’s dark doorless prison,
He rides from the pages of old John’s vision
Across the miles of centuries
Into out harrowed lives.
Ride on, victorious Jesus.
Ride on with keys in hand.
Dead-bolt our fears.
Unlock our minds
So we can understand
Your most triumphant presence,
Your never-failing strength,
The edicts of Your sovereign rule
That knows no breadth not length.
Hallelujah! Maranatha!!
Ride on, King Jesus! Ride!
Reclaim Your world.
Receive our praise.
Revive Your slumbering bride.”
Don’t his words stir your heart?

Underneath the prayer was the suggestion that I write my own letter to Jesus, explaining why I am looking forward to His return to earth.
It is too intimate to share here, but I will say that the thought that ran through my letter was the joyful anticipation of seeing Him face-to-face.

That will be a day like no other!

Meanwhile, I plan to continue to rejoice in the one He has given me right now!

"For you will go out with joy, and be lead forth with peace; the mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment